- What We Offer
- Who We Are
- Contact Us
- More info
New Zealand Privacy Act (1993):
Kalandra Education Group must comply with the requirements of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993. There are procedures and actions relating to individual privacy within the meaning of the Privacy Act and its information Privacy Principles. Any problems of questions relating to the protection of individual privacy by the institution should be referred to the Pastoral Care Officer in the first instance.
Immigration New Zealand requirements of Study Visa Holders are:
· As an enrolled full-time student you must attend timetabled classes to comply with the terms of your visa. Any non-attendance will be reported to senior management and then if not satisfactory, Immigration New Zealand will be notified.
· If requested, you are required to show academic progress according to your course requirements
· Immigration New Zealand can revoke your study visa and you will be requested to leave the country should you not comply.
All students studying at Kalandra Education Group are expected to:
· Respect others and act towards them reasonably, courteously, considerately and with good faith.
· Respect the environment and property of the organisation and the property of others.
· Comply with and observe with all health and safety instructions
· Comply with all computer regulations, particularly downloading
· Be Proud!
Where do I find all student regulations / policies relevant to me?
· International Student Policy
· Information Systems Regulations
· Bullying, Harassment and Discrimination Prevent Policy
· Alcohol and Drug Policy
· Equal Opportunities Policy
· Code of Conduct and Academic Regulations
· Student Guidance and Support Policy
· Concerns and Complaints Policy
· Conduct and Discipline Policy
· Work based and Off Site Learning Policy
· Entry, Withdrawal, Fees, Fee Protection and Refunds Policy
· Assessment of Prior Learning and Recognition of Academic Credit
· Copyright Policy
All of these and corresponding forms / additional information are found on the student intranet as well as a copy with the Pastoral Care Officer.
Do you have a concern, or complaint?
Complaints are taken seriously and we will try to deal with all complaints quickly and fairly, please see the policy for more information.
Everyone is required by law to comply with the Copyright Amendment Act 2011 in regard to movies, TV shows and text material. Kalandra Education Group considers any offending to be a serious matter (we can be prosecuted). Offending may lead to disciplinary action and we will seek to recover any consequential costs, including any associated costs if an infringement notice is received. See the Copyright Policy for more information.
The New Zealand Government has appointed an independent administrator for the Dispute Resolution Scheme which is to encourage swift settlement of contractual and financial disputes between international students and their provider.
The Code of Practice for Pastoral Care for International Students requires all institutes to have fair and equitable internal grievance procedures for students. Students must go through these procedures before taking their grievance to NZQA.
During this grievance procedure you can ask for support from an independent person.
1. You must first speak to your lecturer or an appropriate staff member. If the issue is unresolved to your satisfaction go to the next step.
2. Make an appointment to discuss your concern with the General Manager. If the issue is unresolved to your satisfaction go to the next step.
3. Make an appointment to see the Chief Executive and/or Independent person on the Governance Board. If the issue is unresolved to your satisfaction go to the next step.
4. If your concern is not resolved by internal grievance procedures, you may contact NZQA at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. If the complaint is about the contract or financial matters you may go to email@example.com or Freephone 0800 00 66 75 or +6449184975
Refunds of tuition fees will only be made in accordance with the following policy.
1. Kalandra Education Group standard policy is for no tuition fee refunds to be given after the 10th day of programme commencement. By accepting a place in a programme of study at Kalandra Education Group, an international student enters into a contract for the period of the offer. This contract obliges the student to pre-pay (prior to enrolment) the full tuition fee for the year.
2. There is no automatic right to a refund if a student changes his/her mind about studying at Kalandra Education Group.
3. An international student who gains Permanent Residency will not receive a refund of tuition fees for the year in which residency is granted. However, the will be treated as a New Zealand Permanent Resident for the following year.
4. Applications for a refund may be made in the following circumstances:
a. New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS) has refused to grant a visa for Study in New Zealand (100% refund)
b. New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS) has refused to grant a visa extension to the student (100% refund)
c. Kalandra Education Group is unable to offer the programme contracted in the Letter of Offer. If the programme contracted is cancelled for whatever reason, then the student is entitled to a full refund of tuition fees, but shall not be entitled to any other compensation. The best effort will be made by Kalandra Education Group to find another alternative provider for the same / similar programme. (100% refund)
d. If a student wants to withdraw their application after paying their tuition fees, and written notice is received within two weeks before the programme starts a full refund of fees will be paid (100% refund)*
e. If a student wants to withdraw their application after paying their tuition fees, and written notice is received between three weeks before the programme starts and 9 days after the programme has started then a refund will be given minus administration costs (90% refund)*
f. If a student wants to withdraw their application after paying their tuition fees, and written notice is received after the 10th day of the programme then a partial refund will be given this will be minus the agent and administration costs. (60% - 70% refund)*
* Students who come under these refund categories will receive the refund payment on return to his/her country and on evidence he/she has stopped studying in New Zealand. Students must provide documentation to show that they have cancelled their student visa and that they have returned home.
Any international medical / travel insurance organised by Kalandra Education Group is not refundable by Kalandra Education Group, student is to contact the supplier themselves to organise this.
g. If a student wants to transfer to another institution in New Zealand and written notice is received prior to day 9 of the programme, the student is required provide an original letter of offer of place for the new institution then a refund minus administration costs will be given (90%)^
h. If a student wants to transfer to another institution in New Zealand and written notice is received after day 10 of the programme, the student is required to provide an original letter of offer of place for the new institution then a refund minus agent commission and administration costs will be given (60% - 70%)^
^ Students who come under these refund categories will have their remaining fees transferred directly to the new institution they are studying at.
i. In exceptional circumstances Kalandra Education Group may approve refunds on a compassionate basis (such as a serious personal illness). The amount of the refund will be at the discretion of the management team and normally does not include the portion of the programme already attended.
Any request for a refund must be made in writing on the Application for Refund Form
All refunds will be paid in New Zealand Dollars. Refunds will be sent to the following as appropriate:
- In the first instance – The bank account from where the original payment was received. This is only on evidence the student has returned to their home country.
- The student’s registered home address in country of origin. This is only on evidence the student has returned to their home country.
- The recruitment agent who referred the student. This is only on evidence the student has returned to their home country and where the student has authorised this transfer.
- Another institution. This is if the application for refund form is supported by evidence of an official unconditional Offer of Place by the other institution and Student Visa for that institution.
Refunds will not be paid directly to a student or transferred to a student’s bank account in New Zealand.