Certificate in Makeup for the Older Person
This short course is designed for members of the public who would like to develop an understanding of ageing skin and suitable products and techniques that can be used in caring for the skin. The course includes makeup techniques that will enhance the appearance of an older person. It is both an informative and fun session and participants leave with a goodie bag of makeup and skincare products they can use to apply their new found skills.
Time: 4 hours tuition
Cost: $95.00 per person
Purchase your tickets here: Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.nz/o/kalandra-education-group-25366705611
NB: This is a non-credit course and is NOT approved by NZQA
Introduction to the Skin and Ageing
Students will gain an understanding of the effects that ageing has on the skin. The course covers:
- A review of ageing processes.
- Changes in the skin and facial structure that occur with ageing.
Introduction to the Effects of the Environment on the Skin
Students are introduced to the ways in which environment effects the skin and will gain an understanding of appropriate product choices and application methods that can benefit the skin of an older person. The course covers:
- External effects (UV radiation, pollution, wind, chemicals, central heating)
- Internal effects (nutrition, sleep, water consumption, smoking, alcohol, free radicals, stress)
- Product lines.
- Consistency and penetration.
- Exposure on the skin in different conditions.
Application of Care to the Face, Hands and Feet
Students will be introduced to product ranges and the benefits of each. Practical sessions on technical skills for application enable students to gain an understanding of:
- Common conditions and contraindication of facials, manicures and pedicures, including nail polish.
- Product ranges suitable for the care of the skin on the face, hands and feet.
- Techniques used for care of the face, hands and feet, Facial demonstrated on a model with explanation of techniques and products that can also be used in the home
Application of Makeup
Students are introduced to products and makeup techniques that are designed specifically to enhance the appearance of an older person. At the conclusion of the class students will have an understanding of:
- The range of products best suited to make up for the older client
- The relationship of skin textures to products
- Techniques in applying makeup on self/older client
Tutor: Nataliya Slesarenko
Auckland Institute of Studies: 2017 - 2019 MBA Marketing
Saratov State Medical University, Russia: 2000 – 2002 Masters’ Degree Dermatology Residency Programme
Saratov State Medical University, Russia: 1993-2000 Doctor of Medicine, MD, Paediatrics
Back to short courses