No Cost, Health Carer Re-Training Provided Online and Nationwide
Kalandra has responded to the nationwide shortage of Health Care Assistants, compounded by the Covid-19 pandemic, by providing fast track upskilling and entry into Level 3 Health Care Assistant training.
All levels of training at Kalandra are now being provided at no cost to New Zealand citizens or permanent residents. People made redundant due to the impact of Covid 19, or anyone wanting a career change, can now retrain and build a secure future for themselves while contributing to the care of New Zealanders and the health of the country.
If you are already a Health Carer you may have sufficent experience to enrol directly into Level 4 Certificate programmes in Dementia Care or Mental Health and Addictions. Complete the below Get in Touch form for more information.
Our Health Care Re-Training Programme Will Enable Learners To:
- Learn Online: The Certificate in Health Assistance (Level 3) is a 31 week / online training programme.
- Work While Studying: The programme is designed for students to be working and earning as a Health Care Assistant while studying.
- Build a secure future with career progression.
- Be well paid.
- A Level 3 qualified HCA is currently paid $23/hour increasing to $25/hour on 1 July 2021.
- A Level 4 qualified HCA is currently paid $25.50/hour, increasing to $27/hour on 1 July 2021.
- Gain knowledge and life skills with benefits beyond Covid-19.
- Graduate with the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 3) with a strand Healthcare Assistance.
To assist anyone new to the Health Care sector who wants to enter the workforce quickly, we have a Pre-Enrolment Course. Successful completion enables direct entry into the Certificate in Health Assistance (Level 3).
- Duration: 2 weeks long / approximately 20 hours per week.
- Delivery: Online study.
- No Cost: for NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents.
After Pre-enrolment Completion Learners will be:
- Work safe; knowledgeable about infection control, health and safety and essential care giving skills.
- An Introductory Health Care Assistant: Have sufficient knowledge to work as an introductory health care assistant while they continue with their online study.
- Enrolled in Level 3 study: able to Progress directly onto the Certificate in Health Assistance (Level 3).
Next Level 3 Certificate in Health Assistance (Aged Care) Intakes:
- 31 August : Application Deadline - Sunday 9 August
- 28 September: Application Deadline - Sunday 13 September
Please complete the below Get In Touch Form
To receive information on the programme and what to do if you want to enrol in the Level 3 Certificate and Pre-enrolment course