Retrain For A Career In Health Care
Level 3 Training Starts 18 January 2021
Are you in New Zealand on a visa and need a new training opportunity and a new career?
There is ongoing international demand for qualified Health Care Assistants. Apply for the Kalandra Certificate in Health Assistance (Aged Care) (Level 3) and graduate with the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 3) with a strand Healthcare Assistance.
Limited Special Offer – International Student Fee
Onshore Applicants Only - We are offering a heavily reduced international student fee to enable retraining for a future career in the Health Care sector.
- The Covid response special offer is $4,000 (Plus $350 for Resources / Work Placement / Uniforms)
- (Normal International Tuition Fee: $12,000)
- No previous experience necessary
- 33 weeks training
- Professional experienced lecturers
- Training includes work placement
- This is not delivered online. Students will need to attend class at our Central Auckland campus
To Enrol You Will Need
What Does The Programme Cover?
Students will begin with the following to prepare them for Level 3 study:
- Infection control measures
- Providing personal cares
- Moving and handling the client
- Supporting the nutritional needs of the client
- Bed making
The training then progresses to the Certificate in Health Assistance (Aged Care) (Level 3)
This is an entry-level, NZQA approved programme which trains Health Care Assistants in general aged health care issues, professional practices, skills, knowledge and procedures. This training enables graduates to deliver the highest standard of care and support in a health and wellbeing organisation including home-care and other aged-care environments.
As a guide some of the issues, practices and skills covered in this programme are:
- Professional Obligations: Identifying and recognising client vulnerability, abuse and challenging behaviours. Understanding obligation to provide protection and advocacy.
- Professional Standards of Care: Safe practices including meeting basic personal care needs and risk minimisation. Verbal and non-verbal communication. Dealing with conflict. Advocacy and self-advocacy.
- Responsive to Need: Holistic person-centred approaches to care. Understanding and responding to changing client needs.
- Palliative Care: Basic approaches to safe and compassionate palliative care practices.
What Skills and Knowledge Will You Gain?
Graduates of the Certificate in Health Assistance (Aged Care) (Level 3) programme will understand:
- How to apply professional, ethical standards and safe practices for the care of an older person.
- How to address physiological and psychological needs, including those of palliative care.
- How to apply effective and appropriate communication.
- Areas such as risk minimisation including safely moving a client, fall prevention and infection control.
- How to recognise and respond to change including the provision of person-centred holistic care, incontinence, pressure injuries and safe swallowing strategies.
- How to apply professional obligations to recognise and identify vulnerability, abuse and challenging behaviours,
- How to deal with conflict, advocacy and self-advocacy and provide protection for the client enabling safe and compassionate palliative and general care practices.
Already Have Health Sector Experience or Qualifications?
If you have appropriate Health Care Assistance experience you may be eligible for one of our Level 4 programmes.
- Certificate in Mental Health Support (Dementia Care) (Level 4) or
- Certificate in Mental Health Support (Mental Health and Addictions) (Level 4)
Graduates of either are awarded the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Social and Community Services) (Level 4) with a strand in Mental Health and Addiction.
- (Normal International Tuition Fee $15,000)
- The Covid response special offer is $6,000 (Plus $500 for Resources / Work Placement / Canvas / Uniforms)
Find Out More
Complete the below Get in Touch form tif you would like to: receive more information and an application form